Sunday, April 5, 2009

Clarification

I was just reading over the comments from my last few posts and thought I should clear something up on my "Two Pieces" post. When I said paying off our adoption loan meant a child would be coming home, I was not speaking of THIS home. We had a loan with A Child Waits Foundation. They are a non-profit organization that works solely in funding low-interest loans for international adoptions. When we pay off our loan, the principle and interest goes right back into helping another family.
No, we do not see a third adoption on the horizon. As always, we have plenty of irons in the fire, but changing this blog to "Nine Hearts" is not one of them. Due to the nature and circumstances of Cara's adoption we can never rule out a call from our agency--should they get a client or infant in a similar situation--but since they have only had two cases in 25+ years and hundreds of adoptions, it is not likely. If they did, it would definitely be a God thing. Would I jump up and run should we ever get that call? You all know me better than to doubt it.
I have many things that I want to see happen in our family. I'm hoping to settle in one place. I'm desperate to get out of debt. I'm looking for us all to grow in grace and knowledge. But I'm not longing for a baby. Actually, I'm starting to think I may be cured of baby-fever forever. I'm savoring and enjoying every moment of Cara's infancy, but it is completely lacking the sorrow and nostalgia I felt with Randy. I was quite sure he would be my last baby, and I wasn't 100% o.k. with that. With Cara at nine months old, I'm still feeling like six is a good--maybe perfect--number.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering. ;>) I doubt we will ever adopt again as well. I would love to, but Shad says we're done. It will take divine intervention to bring home child #5. ;>)

ArtworkByRuth said...

Yes, that did need clarifying! We know God uses soft hearts towards adoption more than once, so it wouldn't be all that abnormal! Enjoy the baby for now! I volunteer in the church nursery once a month to get my baby fix, and every time I am thankful mine sleep through the night and are potty trained!

Suz said...

Jess, I was in Longview today and if I knew where you live now in your church house I would have stopped by!

You've got to e-mail me and tell me where you live!

Cash was super cranky, but we would have come anyhow LOL