Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

And what a weekend it was! I think we packed as much into three days as humanly possible--and more. Seriously, I had nightmares last night and the over riding theme was my frantic quest to get to some unknown destination as quickly as possible. But we had a happy, blessed Easter all the same.

We kicked things off Friday at the lake house with my family. Dying eggs, fishing, waiting for one of the kids to fall of the pier and drown themselves....the usual.
As is our tradition, Daddy always hides several of the eggs on his person. This year, he made use of a leftover party hat that was lying around the lake house. Interestingly enough, none of the 10 children hunting eggs noticed anything amiss with his bizarre head gear and finally had to be instructed to look under Papa's hat. Now does that say something about the intelligence of the children, or the general quirkiness of their grandfather? And in case your wondering, yes, my father does where hunting attire year round. In fact, Randy does not refer to camo as such, but instead terms all camouflage, "Papa clothes."

Oh, my goodness, didn't this shot of Cara turn out ADORABLE??!! I just want to eat her up. This was taken at her uncle's house on Saturday. That was our day for celebrating with the master's family. More egg hunts, food, and photos. She sailed through her first Easter happy as a lark, despite being WAY off schedule. That's my girl!
And here they are this morning after sunrise service--my Easter Blessings.


3 comments:

Tami said...

Precious...just absolutely precious! :)

CDJ said...

Marina looks like such a big girl holding Cara. You have beautiful kids!

Deb said...

That picture of Cara is amazing. Wow! Not that Isabel would have sat still long enough to do that but I wish I had a basket big enough to get a similar one.

Precious kids you've got.