Monday, April 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, April 27, 2009

Outside my window...busy highway under muggy skies
I am thinking...about all that needs to get done for recognition service on Sunday. I should not, should not, be blogging right now.
I am thankful for...the opportunity to buy this place. We got the selling price this past week and it is much less than we even dared to hope. We will definitely be drawing up a contract as quickly as possible (we're afraid they'll change their minds!). An additional blessing is that they will finance it for three years and no down payment. God has provided.
From the kitchen...Much noise as the children "clean" up dinner. Housework never sounded so fun. I tried a new recipe, having become excessively bored with my usual fare. It was tasty: Polo y Arroz.
I am wearing...exercise pants, Children in Action Shirt, and tennis shoes.
I am creating... (from last daybook) Finishing up kids ministry vests...still finishing. I need to put more finish in my finishing.
I am going...to the big city for Cara's appointment Wednesday, Saturday UIL and possibly squeeze in a trip to the rose gardens. Our earlier trip was postponed due to rain.
I am reading...Miracle on Maple Hill (kid's bedtime book), Betty Crocker's Mexican Cookbook (available at a W*llm*rt checkout stand near you), and Twelve Extaordinary Women
I am hoping...that no one on Cara's "team" will fuss at me during this appointment. Last time, they gently accused me of practicing medicine without a license. Ouch! Apparently, raising six children does not qualify.
I am hearing...The puppy chewing up a magic marker under my chair. Randy playing with an annoying, talking giraffe from a H*ppy Me*l, Abby singing a new sonnet to Cara (borrowing heavily from melody and lyrics of Amazing Grace):

"I once was A_____ C______, (birth certificate name)
But now I'm Cara S________,
God found the right mommy for me...."

Interesting, in that we don't use the terminology "right" and "wrong." We say "birthmother," and phrases like, "It was God's plan for you to be in our family." Further proof that children in her stage of development are characterized by black and white thinking. Oh, now Marina is adapting it,
"I once was Olga Trofimova,
But now I'm Marina S________"
O.K. I think I am going to cry now.
One of my favorite things...looking into Randy's beautiful brown eyes.
Around the house...bathroom is nasty--about to go clean it. Little boys' furniture piled in the center of the room awaiting paint.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...preparations for Sunday's special service, Ian's Kindergarten graduation, and the aforementioned activities.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

*taken this weekend on our camping trip. Those little bitty figures surrounding the boat on the shoreline are my kids. They are the "work of His hands," too.

2 comments:

Deb said...

The girls song is so so sweet. One for the scrapbook for sure.

Hope the appointment tomorrow goes well.

CDJ said...

Our boys' furniture is in the middle of the room too! In the words of a two year old, "We match, both together!!"

You have sweet kids.