Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Round Up

Tami decided to do a round-up, and you know this Texan can't let a challenge like that pass me by. So, I'll just do a little cattle rustlin' (that's cowboy talk for 'stealing her post idea'--but it doesn't really count because she invited me). Hopefully, I'll make it through before the bottom drops out and I lose access. We are in for some nasty weather. No kidding, it is time to circle the wagons and batten down the hatches.

1. The master attended our local tea party on Tuesday. He was surprised at the crowd of a thousand. It was a larger group than had ever assembled at our county courthouse. I'm totally disgusted at the way the liberal media is trying to downplay and distort what happened this week--the silent majority at last making their voices heard. I only pray it is not too late. I was stunned to learn that I am labeled by my own countrymen as a "right wing extremist" (because I am pro-life and own a gun) and as such, pose a "terrorist threat." I'm thinking of having some T-shirts printed up: HOME-GROWN TERRORIST.
I wish I could have been at the tea party, but it was right during nap time. Ah well, "The hand that rocks the cradle moves the world." Perhaps we should form a Pacifiers and Pampers protest-to take place in the 9:00-10:00 hour?

2. K did great at the Young Poet's Awards. He placed third in his age division. He writes in praise of books--I just love this kid:

If Books Could Talk
If books could talk, what would they say?
Would they shout, "Read me!", or "Do you want to play?"
Would they talk about adventures galore?
I have these questions and much, much more.
Books can't talk, yes that is true, but books can shout "Read me!" to you.
If you see a book that you want to read, grab it, and you'll see what I mean.
As long as you have a book in your hand, you'll never be bored, now isn't that grand?
When you give someone something, a book is good to send, but not if they don't like
THE END!

3. I did not get any knowledgeable feedback regarding smilebox. Please if you are out there lurking and have smilebox information--leave it. Not to sound like I'm begging or anything ;0)

4. Cara sat up on her own this week. She has been able to maintain a sitting position for several weeks, but we've found her sitting up in her crib twice over the last few days. Her physical therapist will be so pleased.

Well, there you go Tami. That was fun and thanks for the invite, pardner.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Yur welcome! Any tiiiime! :)
BTW - I left a reply to your comment on my blog. Nebraskan?! HA!

Deb said...

What a great poem. Very clever.
I didn't hear about the Tea Parties until the day before and that was a busy day for me but I heard we had 5,000 at the closest one. Surprised me.
Way to go Cara!