Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oh, The Drama

Have I mentioned I have my own personal drama queen? Her name is Abby. And before I relate her most recent performance, let me set the stage.
First off, you should know that her Daddy and her have a little game they play at bedtime. When she is sent to bed, she runs to her room, takes out a little notepad and writes down the script for that night's tucking in, lays it out on the bunk bed ladder, then waits under the covers for her cue. Daddy comes in, reads his part and plays along. Some nights she is a princess locked away in a dungeon (bunk bed) by a wicked witch and he must rescue her. Another night, she may be a scared bear cub stuck in tree (top bunk) and he is the daddy grizzly who must carry her safely back to the cave. It's a very special ritual for just the two of them.
Last night, the kids were wanting to watch our latest Netflix arrival. I told them they could if they got the kitchen cleaned and their clothes laid out by 7:00. Well, they dawdled so over the dishes that they didn't make the deadline--not even close. So, they were sent to bed as soon as their chores were finished. This is the note the master found on the ladder:

Dear Daddy,

Nothing is under my covers tonight. Just a body full of sadness. We never get a chance to do anything and we all feel sad and grumpy because of it.
From your sad little girl,
Abby *inside the b's she drew two frowning faces*


I'm afraid her mournful epistle did not evoke quite the response she was hoping for. Her daddy and I are still chuckling over it.

3 comments:

Tami said...

So am I! :) Oh the drama that are little girls! I'm tellin' ya Anya and Maddie may give Abby a run for her money. Although I promise you I was NEVER that dramatic! ;>)

Suz said...

That is priceless! Of course I'm wondering what the Netflik was that they missed seeing!

Deb said...

What a special game for them to play at night.
Her note is so funny.