Monday, July 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, July 13, 2009
Outside My Window...pavement is cooling off after our third straight day of 100+ temperatures
I am thinking...about all the various tasks, phone calls, and forms that have to be completed to open the daycare center by the end of August.
I am thankful for...Cara becoming (officially) a Su_____ on Friday! She is forever and legally ours. At least, I am assuming that the paperwork went through. We had a stickler for a judge (that has been our luck twice) and she wanted a sentence added to the document before she signed it, but she said she was granting our petition. Our lawyer said he would have the revised document in her hands by Monday. And I am also very thankful that though my new nephew arrived a little over two months early (he weighed in at two pounds and eleven ounces), both he and my sister are doing well.
From the kitchen...family favorite of Cr*ck P*t lasagna, corn casserole, and for dessert, angel food cake.
I am wearing...last summer's army green walking shorts that I have been avoiding all season for fear that they would no longer fit me, but they do! A trifle snug, but I don't recall them being excessively loose a year ago, so I'm good.
I am creating...a childcare center.
I am going...after two weeks of traveling to the lake house, home town, Lake Charles, on to Houston for court last week, and then to Dallas on Saturday, my plans are to stay blissfully at HOME!
I am reading...I'm in the middle of a series of novels by Karen Kingsbury
I am hoping...my daycare will fill up the first week, I'll run at 90-100% capacity, and within two years I'll get an offer to buy the building and business for half a million dollars. Hey, a girl can dream, right?
I am hearing...distant sounds of the kids supposedly cleaning the bathroom.
One of my favorite things...that angel food cake (topped with cool whip and Hershey's syrup) I just polished off wasn't too bad.
Around the house...much of our time and energy is being focused down in the daycare suite; things are a little messy.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Start interviewing employees tomorrow and CPR/First Aid certification coming up.

A picture thought I'm sharing:

A very blurry picture of the family in court on Friday. My dad didn't know how to turn on the flash. Or motion Marina into the shot. She was standing on the other side of Abby.

This is the part where I tell you to enjoy more daybooks by visiting http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ , but the Simple Woman has taken the summer off, so this is all you get.

3 comments:

CDJ said...

I'm excited about your new child care venture. Thank You, God, for Cara!!

Tami said...

YAY! For Cara being all official now...and did I know that you were opening a day care center? I don't think I did. Fill us in, please. ;)

Suz said...

Oh - Yay Cara! So glad to hear you're all finalized. Wow, that was a long time!

Happy to hear it's all signed, sealed and delivered!