Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So That Leaves Us Where?

Remember my rambling post regarding the daycare dilemma? Well, it may have been decided for us. Our financing fell through today.

This little bit of news came moments after I checked back (one last time) with a school district that had PROMISED me on several occasions that my application was complete and in tip-top order and found out that they had no record of me. Even though I taught in the district for FIVE YEARS! Agh!!!!! No wonder I never got an interview. I couldn't understand it before, but now it makes perfect sense.

Me: I turned in my application and all documents right before Christmas.
Personnel Lady: Yes, but we switched over to an all digital system in January.
Why didn't they mention that in DECEMBER?!
Me: But I contacted this office twice during the spring semester regarding the status of my application and was not informed that anything was amiss. How could that happen? Would you please check again, It's Jessica S-U-*-*-*-*-*.
Personnel Lady: I'm sorry. It's just not there. But it's no problem, because you can fill out a new one on-line.

No problem for her, maybe! For me, it's 15 pages of tedious information, and tracking down references, and dumb essay questions about my philosophy of teaching. Work I already did WAY BACK in December--when I actually had a chance of being hired. Now it is the end of July and I have no hope of being called for an interview, much less landing a position.

And the master is so bummed about the daycare. We don't need a huge sum of money to get it off the ground, but we need more than we have. I have to get the asphalt up in the play yard, get plumbing in two rooms, and re-carpet the inside area.

Maybe I should drive a bus?

1 comment:

ArtworkByRuth said...

How frustrating! Praying for wisdom for you and a break through!