Saturday, January 17, 2009

They Get It

If the concept is so simple that an eight year old can explain it to a six year old, why can't the rest of the world understand? The following is a conversation I had the privilege of overhearing between Abby and our next door neighbor B:

Setting-Abby, Randy, and B are gathered around Cara's bouncy seat, taking turns making her smile. After a few giggles...
B: Is she your sister?
Abby: Yes
B: But I thought your mom said she didn't come out of her belly?
Abby: She didn't.
B: Then how is she your sister?
Abby: We adopted her, so she is my sister.
B:Oh, o.k.

4 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Yea Abby! I bet the neighbor girl now begs for her mommy to get her an adopted sister too!

Tami said...

Love it! :)

Deb said...

Great! It's great when it's just that simple.

Kelly said...

That's perfect. I think Abby is my adoption hero. Remind me to tell you in detail about Sky's pontificating remarks about the "next baby" the next time we are all together.