Monday, January 19, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, Monday, January 19, 2009

Outside My Window...darkness and a slight breeze blowing

I am thinking...that it has been too long since I did "A Simple Woman's" post, and that I have a big day of cleaning tomorrow. I don't know how it happened. The house was in apple pie order on Saturday. How did it go so wrong so fast?

I am thankful for...my new/old job of teaching online. It wasn't what I wanted, but for now, it is the only thing available, and I'm glad to be contributing a even a small amount to the household income.

From the kitchen...I am ashamed to tell you, but honesty is the best policy: fresh baked chocolate-chip cookies. Yes, we've fallen off the diet. That will be another post. We're climbing back on the horse tomorrow, though. Promise.

I am wearing...pink long-sleeve shirt and grey warm-ups.

I am creating...scrapbook pages. Dozens and dozens of scrapbook pages. I've worked all weekend sorting, grouping, and scrapping pictures, some as far back as Rina's homecoming. I've made a resolution to catch up, and once the backlog is cleared, to convert to all digital. I love traditional scrapbooks, but with six kids, there is no way I can keep up. I don't want the kids to be headed to college, and me not having finished their kindergarten graduation. That's where I'm headed, at this rate. I learned from making our birthmom book, digital is SO MUCH faster.

I am going...back to the natural foods store tomorrow to re-stock all of my green drinks and supplements. Letting myself run out of supplies was a major tactical error in the battle of the bulge.

I am reading...Tale of Despereaux (kid's bedtime book). Excellent read.

I am hoping...that a couple in our church will decide to buy this house. We were turned down last week for a home loan and the current owners are getting impatient to sell. While the news was disappointing, it did not take us by surprise. We simply do not have the debt to income ratio to justify (for the bank) a second mortgage--particularly in today's economy. What I dreaded most was having to move again. I also didn't know where we would go, as most rental properties are one or two bedroom. For a family our size, that won't work. The master explained the situation in prayer meeting and put out a plea for folks in the congregation to let us know if they had any information for housing possibilities. Afterwards, a couple approached us and said they would be interested in buying the house and letting us rent from them until we were ready to buy. They came on Saturday to look it over. The husband was nervous about some foundation issues, though, so I don't know if they will make an offer or not. Please hope with me that they do.

I am hearing...Cara finishing her bottle. The dryer tumbling.

One of my favorite things...chocolate-chip cookies. My body didn't need them, but my taste-buds sure enjoyed them.

Around the house...heaps of laundry. General disorder. Sleeping children. And piss ants. Sorry, but I don't know their scientific name. I grew up calling them piss ants. They are the teeny, tiny black ants, and they have invaded en masse. As soon as I track one entry and spray it with insecticide, I find them infiltrating another area of the house. The kids love to alert me to their presence because they get to say the word "piss" without getting in trouble.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Teaching online, Cara's physical therapy, and gallons of vegetable juice.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Alas, I'm blogging on my new computer, and I have zero picture files.
To enjoy other Simple Women visit http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Deb said...

Good luck getting all caught up on scrapbooking. I'm so far behind. I did get 2 months done at my retreat. That was cool.