Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 4 and 5

I'm going to have to double up on diet/detox post. We were given a brand new computer (how awesome is that?!), and were having some trouble getting the router and modem working in tandem, but after several hours on the phone with technical assistance we are up and working on my 22 inch wide, flat screen monitor. Blogging never looked so good.
Following paragraph falls under the category of TOO MUCH INFORMATION, feel free to skip:
Yesterday's colonic was a slight disappointment. I was expecting to flush all these nasty toxins from my body, but it just didn't happen. I guess Thursday's beets took care of that. Or my long daily use of M*tamucil. At any rate, I have an exceptionally clean colon and lower bowel. That is good news, I guess, but also a little frustrating to pay $35 to find that out. I do think that colonics would be a great therapy for anyone who is suffering from bloating or constipation. I did feel super-d-duper clean from the waist down.
Up until tonight, the evening "cleansing" soups have also been a let down. In truth, I think the master was about to bail on the detox/diet. He said he could not make it three weeks without at least ONE meal that didn't make him gag. I decided to give a little on the ingredient rules for the soups in an effort to keep him on board. You know, short term loss, long term gain. It paid off. Our cream of spinach soup was a huge success. I cut the butter the recipe called for, and used a tablespoon of EVOO instead (still not allowed, according to the diet, but better than butter), and splurged on 1/4 cup of organic half-and-half. The funny thing is, I normally would not touch a "Spinach Soup" with a ten foot pole, but after the things we have been eating over the last few days, I found it DELICIOUS. Even a few of the kids ate it.
Total pounds lost:
Me=8
The master=10 1/2

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is impressive - proud of all your veggie intake!