Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 2

I'm most of the way through day 2. All of the truly nasty beverages have been downed. All that remains is my "cleansing" soup and a couple of mugs of tea. I'll go ahead and post, in case I am not feeling up to it after church.
The master has lost five pounds. I'm sure some of that was water weight, but it is a good start at any rate. He is pleased. The weight is coming off faster than when he does a complete fast for spiritual reasons (around two pounds a day). That makes sense, because unlike a true fast, we are still consuming nutrients, so the metabolism should not switch into starvation mode. The diet promises to shed a pound a day. I have not yet weighed. I wanted to get a weight on Monday, but we had some rainy, cold weather that I did not need to expose Cara to, so I stayed home. I was weighed a few weeks ago at the WIC office, and that was bad enough, without Christmas feasting added in. I may step on the scales tonight at church. I'm a little hesitant to. I mean, what if I haven't lost any? That would be discouraging and might tempt me to give up.
Juicing. I like it. The fresh fruit/berry juice I made this morning was DIVINE! By far the yummiest thing that has passed these lips in two days. Lunch's vegetable drink (cabbage, spinach, carrots, apple, and rosemary) wasn't quite as tasty, but again, I'm able to eat veggies for the first time in my life, my body will thank me!
This diet is supposed to give you "tons of energy." So far, I haven't experienced that, but it is still early. Actually, I feel pretty sluggish and not able to focus as well as I usually do. I'm sure that is due in part to my severance from my beloved coffee. I'm drinking green tea in the morning to take the edge off.
People on this diet report all sorts of strange healings from various chronic health problems, so I'd like to you give you any updates of that sort as we continue. Neither the master or I suffer from bad health. Unless you count his bone disease, and I don't look for him to grow a new leg in the next three weeks. He, he. But, we both noticed yesterday, and even more so today, that we look different. Seriously. We are starting to look younger. The diet promises to, "turn back the clock." But, I was taking that with a large dose of salt thinking, "Sure, anyone looks younger when they drop 20 pounds." Say what you will, but this skeptic can't help but admit: I'm staring at the same reflection I looked at five years ago.

No comments: