Sunday, November 30, 2008

Deck the Blog


We've had a busy weekend decorating the house for Christmas. I already have a great stash of Christmas photos to dress up the blog for the holiday season. I'm sorry about the ribbon cutting across my post. Couldn't seem to get around it.
Funny Story
The master helped us get the tree decorating started, but then he had to go up to the church building to prepare for evening service. The kids and I put the finishing touches on the tree. As I was placing the angel on top of the tree, Ian warned that I should be careful because if it fell, it would break. I reminded him that since our angel is paper mache, it would probably be o.k., even if I dropped it.

Later in the evening as we sat around the Christmas tree sipping our hot cocoa:
The master: Too bad I had to leave before putting the angel on top--that's my job.
K: Yeah, it's tradition!
Marina: nonchalant Nah. It's paper.
complete cast: LAUGHTER
Marina: indignant It is so paper! Mommy said!
Hey, at least she was listening for once.

3 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

your Christmas background is neat (-:

Tami said...

Too cute! :) Love the background too.

CDJ said...

Your tree is gorgeous!