Monday, December 1, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, December 1, 2008
Outside My Window...I can't see outside my window, because my beautiful Christmas tree is blocking my view. But it is cold out there and moist...makes me wheeze just thinking about it.
I am thinking...about the damp weather with the possible respiratory repercussions and that I'm bone tired.
I am thankful for...the many unknown mommy's who take the trouble to send a little extra lovin' for my Cara. See picture thought.
From the kitchen...two delicious slow roasted hens and a big gaping hole where my refrigerator was. We rented our old house!!!! Big "yeah," on that. But we had to provide a fridge because of a typo on the listing stating that the house had one. Booo! Since our's didn't match our new house, we decided we would take it BACK down to the old house and buy a new one.
I am wearing...blue jeans, long sleeve shirt, and pull over.
I am creating...girls winter jammies and a Christmas card list. I lost my address book in the move, so I'm having to track down information. HINT, HINT: e-mail me your address.
I am going...to take Ian to the ENT on Thursday. The pediatrician said his ears looked, "sad and tired." Awww...poor deaf baby. Third set of tubes, here we come.
I am reading...Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (kid's bedtime book)
I am hoping...still hoping to hear about that teaching position. If I don't hear something this week, it is a good sign that they have found someone else. Even though I don't really want to work, it would be disappointing to not have the choice.
I am hearing...The hum of the hard drive, and the tap-tap-tap of the keyboard.
One of my favorite things...my nativity all set out on the mantel.
Around the house...Disaster in the kitchen due to the loss of the fridge. Behind in the laundry and most other chores from Thanksgiving. Will I ever catch up? Probably around mid-January.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...With the exception of Ian's doctor's appointment, the calendar is pretty clear until this weekend. We are heading to Houston for our agency's Christmas party and a quick visit with my Aunt and Uncle who have not yet met Cara Bear-a.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Aren't they lovely? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You're looking at 168 ounces of prevention.

Oops! Almost forgot to leave the link: http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Deb said...

Have fun at the Christmas party this weekend. Ours is this weekend as well.