Sunday, December 21, 2008

Salvation Sunday

My sweet Abigail accepted Christ this morning in the worship service. Just two days after her physical birthday we celebrate her spiritual birth. The master was preaching a straight evangelistic message (not uncommon) and I was praying with all my heart that she was listening. Abby held her head in her hands and stared at the floor. It is hard to know at these moments if she is truly attending or counting the threads of carpet. But when the master began to close the sermon with a portion of his own testimony, she began to weep. The master was pleading with the congregation to come to Christ and I leaned over and asked her if she was ready to run to Jesus. She said, "Yes, mommy. Will you come with me?" I told her I would come and stand beside her in a few minutes, but that she needed to make this walk on her own, and she did. The most touching part was that the master had not seen what had transpired in the pew, so when he saw Abby coming down the aisle, he was surprised. In the most beautiful way a person can be surprised. He embraced her and cried over her for joy. Praise the Lord! Thank you all so much for praying for her! And in case you are wondering, yes I bawled like a baby.

8 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

How precious! Our C made the same decision two years ago this Christmas. Dad sat him on his lap and asked him about the Christmas story of Christ and asked if he wanted to receive the gift of Jesus too!
Happy Second birthday Abigail!

Tami said...

YEA!!! The angels are rejoicing that two of his precious children have found him this week. What an absolutely AWESOME Christmas gift!

Kelly said...

You kiss that baby girl extra for me this evening and tell her that KK is rejoicing in the Lord with her.

Love and Merry Christmas!

Kathy said...

I'm sooooooo happy for her!!!!

Merry Christmas to you guys!

Suz said...

Hooray! Your prayers are answered! I saw Joni at the mall yesterday. She said it was so sweet.

Keep praying for D!

Mike and Gail said...

Praise God. What a special moment for our hearts to smile. God is smiling, another soul saved.
Blessings to you and your family.

June Berger said...

How awesome, and I'm bawling now! Praise God.

Deb said...

How precious! What a memory for all 3 of you. Praise God!