Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hodge-Podge Post

I've been out of blogger sync the last week or so. It's working great for my comments, though! Six comments on that last copy/paste post. That is tied with my all-time record from Just Another Day. And that was from my surprise, "We Have A Daughter" post. By holding out posts, I force your hand to comment on posts you wouldn't normally comment. Ahh....blogger strategy. Of course, you can counter move by tagging me. Like Suz. Accordingly, here is my fourth picture from my fourth file.
This is a three year old Ian at DisneyWorld's Magic Kingdom in 2005. If memory serves, this photo was taken right across from Mickey's house, where my sister and I stood in line for HOURS to get the kids' pictures taken with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and the Ducks (Donald and Daisey respectively). When we finally finished, it was LATE, and the rest of the fam got tired of waiting for us and disappeared. We hung out in this toddler play area and put out some APB's on the cell phones. Yes, he was still having a great time even at dark thirty. For Ian, it's always a good time for a party. He cannot wait to go back. We have a cut up poster of the Disney castle in a zip-lock bag and a matching blank poster board on the back of our closet door. Each piece of the poster represents one debt and the poster board is market with the name and amount. As we pay off a debt, we put a piece of the puzzle poster up. When the picture is complete, we will be debt free (except our house) and have the four thousand dollars in hand for a return trip to Disneyworld. Ian is the only one who checks our progress almost weekly. Dave Ramsey would be so proud.
I tag Kelly the aforementioned sister, and Katy from "Beyond Decaf" if you are reading, Mamaporuski, and Allison. ** Post the fourth picture in the fourth file on your computer.**

I want to give you all a sneak peak of our Christmas picture. For those of you who have not e-mailed me your address, this is as good as you are going to get. I'm contemplating drafting a newsy family letter to include with the photo-card as I have in the past, but I've always gotten pretty personal with those. The secretary said the last pastor always sent out a family letter to the CONGREGATION and told me she would be happy to help me with it this week. I took this as a not-so-subtle hint. Sigh. Could I really open up and be myself with the church at large? Excuse me while I put my head between my legs and breath into a paper bag....

I know we are stunningly beautiful, but as this is a pirated picture, please resist the urge to print it and sell them to the highest bidder. Thanks. Abby's hair is a trifle fluffy, and Randy had a goofy fish face, but all in all it's not bad. I think the photographer could have waited for a full blown smile from Cara. He wasn't much of a kid person, but it is not difficult to get a smile or even a chuckle out of her, she is that good natured. Here is proof:


Jenny, if you are out there reading, please let me know how I can contact you, because that link from your comments is a dead end.



5 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Yes, I am reading, just made a post quoting you (were your ears burning?)and came to see your blog updates (love the photo top) I will post my picture too tomorrows blog!

Anonymous said...

My name on AIM is my address without the @aol.com, so my address is chrisjenfisher@aol.com.

I sent an email to you but I think it might have been to an old address.

Tami said...

Love the pics. What a great looking family! :)
six sunflower seeds at yahoo dot com (hint, hint, hint!)

junglemama said...

What a great photo of your family jessy! Merry Christmas!

6blessings said...

Beautiful family picture!!!

Also, very, very cute smile! I had bookmarked your site and kept checking back and it was never updated. Dumb me. Anyway, now I have some catching up to do and check out all of your new things. Looks great!