Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, November 17, 2008
Outside My Window...I can't see them, but I know that my yard is covered in fall leaves.
I am thinking...about the blog post I just finished reading. An adoptive mother who has spent the last three days with the newborn she expected to bring home today posted, "The mother is having second thoughts. Please pray."
I am thankful for...This will sound terrible, but at this moment, I am feeling very thankful that C.C. did not have a choice. Technically, she chose us, and I will be forever thankful for that, but in any case, she would not have been allowed to take Cara out of the hospital. I am thankful that C.C. willingly signed over her rights immediately, thereby making it possible for Cara to escape entering the foster care system.
From the kitchen...mmmm, good stuff. The lasagna is almost done. The french bread and corn on the cob are on the stove. Desert is chocolate peanut butter fudge (and it is good for you!)
I am wearing...blue jeans, T-shirt, tennis shoes. (I didn't have to retype that. It is the same thing as last week. Sad.)
I am creating...custom blog headers (see below). This weekend I figured out how to sew my own baby slings and I have already made two. Cara and I will make quite the fashion splash. Her sling is most useful for our all day trips to the Big City. Especially when I have Marina and Randy along. I can carry her in the sling and still have both hands free for hand-holding.
I am going...I'm changing this one to "I went" this week. I went to my hometown this weekend to visit my mom and attend my friend's baby shower.
I am reading...The Trumpet Of the Swan (kid's bedtime book. I think it is time we finished this book). Ephesians.
I am hoping...to hear something regarding finalization this week.
I am hearing...Cara is beginning to fuss. K is arguing with Ian. Abby is practicing the piano. I hear the lasagna sizzling. Marina is singing something, but I can't quite make out the words. Now, I hear drumming....
One of my favorite things...My "Hungry Girl Cookbook" Great buy ladies, and it is where I got my chocolate fudge recipe.
Around the house...as you can tell from the "I am hearing" section, it is pretty chaotic.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Get the last of the church directory in the mail, and crop on Friday and Saturday.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I'm a fashion plate.


For more Simple Woman posts, visit the original.

4 comments:

Deb said...

So sad about the adoptive mom. It's not terrible to be thankful for the mixed blessings in Cara's life. Hope you hear about finalization.

Cute picture! She looks adorable. And you should sell some slings!

CDJ said...

She is getting infinitely cuter each time I see her! How is this possible?

Blessedw5mom said...

Adorable picture!!! Blessings to you! Found your blog thru Sipla Womans Daybook. Loved reading your post and had to giggle about what you were hearing ... similar to many of my days.

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

What a cutie pie in the picture!