Monday, November 24, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, November 24, 2008
Outside My Window...Still those darn leaves.
I am thinking...about how being a pastor has to be one of the hardest jobs on earth.
I am thankful for...kids that every once in a long while do the right thing without being asked.
From the kitchen...messy kitchen. I've been out of dishwashing detergent for three days. But the master brought some home, so after the homemade pizza, I will once again restore order and cleanliness.
I am wearing...blue jeans, T-shirt, no shoes.
I am creating...technically still creating quilt since the quilt has been started, but not completed. In the active sense of the word? Not so much.
I am going...home for Thanksgiving. We just can't swing the trip to Illinois, even with gas prices as low as they are.
I am reading...Happy to announce that we wrapped up Trumpet of the Swan and are moving on to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle tonight.
I am hoping...that our possible rent situation works out. PLEASE hope with me. I'd also like to hear about a possible teaching position after the holiday. I dread putting Cara in daycare, but four months in the classroom would certainly help us pull out of our financial nose dive, and it would mean the master could quit the side job. The children would once again have a two parent home.
I am hearing...The last murmurs before Cara succumbs to sleep. The diswasher, hallelujah, the dishwasher is washing away. Ian has on his super hero jammies and is role playing as Superman--involves entirely too much running for indoors. Bathroom doors closing. Marina is doing a cheer. Now she is coming to say that Randy climbed the bathroom shelves and brought down a whole stack of towels...oh, my.
One of my favorite things...this week? Dishwashing detergent.
Around the house...Readying the rooms for the madness of the holidays. Washing up clothes for our upcoming trip.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Visit with Cari tomorrow, and baking (I'm responsible for mashed potatoes, pecan pie, and deviled eggs). Wednesday, still more doctor's appointments, one for Cara and one for Ian (he has lost his hearing AGAIN), late night drive to hometown. Thanksgiving Thursday, Friday clean out shed and garage of old house (because we will have renters, right? We are acting in faith), Saturday head home, swinging by tree farm on the way.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The kid likes shelves.

Simple Woman posts are fun and informative. Make a new blog friend today at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/!

3 comments:

Tami said...

We'll be praying for the rent and job situation, but especially for little Ian. ((hugs))

junglemama said...

Empty shelves? I don't know that concept! :) Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be thinking of little Ian.

Kathy said...

Ian's been on my mind and in my prayers. Hope you guys had a happy Thanksgiving!