Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, October 13, 2008

Outside My Window...a fall sunset. This evening on the drive home K said, "Mom, you know how you say that when you watch Cara sucking her binkie, you can't imagine how some people believe there is no God? Well, that is how the sunset makes me feel." Well said.
I am thinking...about the week ahead. All the work I need to do for a Saturday garage sale.
I am thankful for...last night after church a man from the congregation showed us the van he is GIVING us. I'm so thankful for it! We were just about to sell our car anyway, and I was not looking forward to "making do" with one vehicle. Problem solved!
From the kitchen...Frankly, not a whole lot going on in there. The master had a budget and finance meeting tonight and we caught an early supper at McAlister's. I am in desperate need of a trip to the grocery store. Like Old Mother Hubbard, my cupboard's (and fridge, and pantry, and cleaning closet) are bare.
I am wearing...H_______ Track and Field shirt. They were selling shirts at the 5K run for a $1. I couldn't pass that deal up! So now, we look like quite the avid racing enthusiasts.
I am creating...six fall festival costumes. Two down four to go. I'm hitting the why-in-the-world-did-I-ever-start-this-project? stage.
I am going...to the "big city" on Wednesday for Cara's doctor appointment. Fun, fun.
I am reading...The Trumpet Of the Swan (kid's bedtime chapter book), A Place Called Home (Lori Wick), need to get back in the Word.
I am hoping...that we will have no more trouble getting payment out of the man who bought our vending machine business. He was two months delinquent and we had to bring a lawyer into it. Then he got really ugly yelling, cussing, the whole nine yards. Made a complete ass of himself. I hate to point this out to him but HE is the one not abiding by the terms of the contract.
I am hearing...K clearing away his homework, Abby, Ian, and Marina involved in a rowdy game of pretend. The early fussing of Cara getting ready for her bottle. We're going to have to wrap this one up quick.
One of my favorite things...A finely stitched seam.
Around the house...the air of an impending garage sale.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Wednesday appointment and children's group, Thursday meeting for church directory, Friday and Saturday garage sale, throw in a few fall festival costumes, and I think that will do it.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Guess who? The fall air takes me back to football games and fire batons, late night bus trips and nacho cheese chips. Amazing that they were a regular meal in my diet, and I still looked like that. More amazing still--at the time--I thought I was FAT.

This meme brought to you by: Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

CDJ said...

If you can hang in there with the costumes...you are just the best at dressing all the kids thematically. My fall will be considerably less festive if you resign to ill-coordinating store bought outfits. I'm one stethascope away from being finito! D-U-N done! If you get down to the wire, I'll bring dinner and play with the kids while you sew for a couple hours. Let me know.