Friday, October 24, 2008

Coming Up for Air

Well, I have a few more sequins to sew on...a little magic with the glue gun on finishing touches and I am done with Fall Festival Costuming 2008. And it is going to be a good year. Ultimate cuteness. I'm a little disappointed with Randy's outfit, but I think, in context with the other's, it will be o.k. I couldn't find the right type of fur at any of our fabric/craft stores, so I had to improvise with a much shorter nap than the pattern called for. And the dye bath for Cara's costume didn't quite come out the color I was hoping for--but at any rate--it is done. Again, I'm hoping the overall theme will pull it off. Aren't you dying to see them? Tune in tomorrow, friends it is worth logging on for.
The master went to Houston yesterday morning. He had two solid days of fittings and this afternoon walked out of the office with his FINAL prosthetic. This one has a working ankle (his real ankle was fused) and it also has a pump to return his energy, so he will be able to RUN!! For the first time in his life. I can't wait to see it.

3 comments:

Tami said...

What a blessing the prosthetic will be!
I WANT PICTURES OF THE KIDS! :)

CDJ said...

I know you're happy to be done. I'm excited for John. Does this mean more 5K's are in your future? I'll be back to see your masterpieces...

Deb said...

So excited for your hubby to final be able to run. I know he must be thrilled.