Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Tuesday, May 5, 2009...
Outside my window...the master says, "It is kind of pink outside....beautiful. Kind of hazy. The kind of night that makes you glad to live in East Texas."
I am thinking...I've inhaled to much Kilz to be thinking clearly.
I am thankful for...two new nephews! My older sister received a referral for a little boy in Dallas and will be visiting him later this week with the possibility of bringing him home early next week. My younger sister went for her first obgyn appointment to find that she was not 6 weeks pregnant, as she thought, but five months pregnant. What a shock! They scheduled a sonogram immediately and she is having a boy.
From the kitchen...tonight I broke out that new Mexican cookbook and made quesadillas--but not like my usual quesadillas. These had two kinds of peppers. The kids weren't too enthused, but I thought they were great. Also, the leavings of the first watermelon of the season. We tried to eat it on our beautiful, big deck, but we were swarmed by another of the season's "firsts." The kind that makes you NOT so glad to live in East Texas. Mosquitoes. Time to break out the citronella and propane fogger.
I am wearing...blue jeans, T-shirt, and a considerable amount of white primer.
I am creating...party planning is in full swing. I need a tractor cake, a tractor backdrop, and cutsie tractor party favors by Saturday. Also trying to get boys' room finished before company arrives for the weekend.
I am going...no travel plans this week.
I am reading...VBS curriculum. Yes, it is that time of year again.
I am hoping...that a brilliant idea for a Mother's Day gift will suddenly hit me.
I am hearing...Dishwasher humming away.
Around the house...little boys are sleeping soundly on the same pillow in the guest bed. The master is hard at work painting in their bedroom (I will join him shortly), and the others are all tucked in to their appropriate resting places.
One of my favorite things...Weight Watchers 2 point cheese.
A few plans for the rest of the week...Wednesday church. Friday ballgames and company arrives. Saturday party in the noontime and wedding in the evening. Sunday Mother's Day.
Here is picture thought (um..SmileBox slide show) I am sharing...
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Camping Trip
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Are you going to post pictures of your house when you get finished painting and decorating?

I'd so love to see it!

Happy Painting!

Deb said...

Congratz to both your sisters. Wow! 5 months pregnant.
How old is your sister's new son?

Deb said...

I think I saw some John Deere plates and things at Walmart the other day you might try there for your tractor supplies.