Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Third Time's A Charm?

I sure hope so! Ian came through his third tube surgery and is doing great. He won't even have to miss school tomorrow. Based on his bounciness this afternoon, he could have made it today, but we let him have his day home. As he came out of surgery, I whispered his name softly, and he turned his head toward me. Probably the first whisper he's heard in months.
My mom came to watch the little ones while we were at the hospital. I wish I could keep her here all week. I really could use a second (and third and fourth) set of hands. Life is CRAZY trying to pack up and move in the church building before the end of the month. Monday my mother-in-law and I mopped the entire fellowship hall floor. WHEW! That's a workout, and took almost an hour. I'm hoping that the time it takes to clean that large of an area will be offset by the increased amount of time between cleanings. It seems that I am constantly having to clean this little house, because we have so many people and possessions crammed into too small a space. Surely, a larger space will mean less frequent need? Otherwise I don't know when I'll sleep.
And ya'll have got to help me think of what to call our new abode. No way can I fulfill my wifely duties in a "church building." But somehow, just calling it "the house," doesn't fit either. It has a steeple and an organ for heaven's sake!

5 comments:

Deb said...

I hope the third time is the last time for Ian.

How about the S's Chapel!

Tami said...

Praying for Ian...believe me, we know what its like to deal with hearing difficultoes in this house. No fun. :>)
Hmmmm....
la capilla
la iglesia
Does the Spanish help? :)

Tami said...

Another thought...how about the parsonage?

Anonymous said...

the chapel-as in goin' to the chapel and we're gonna' get married...the chapel of love (*wink*)

I am sure the life and love of your family will fill the huge space-I like to think of it as you redeeming the poor thing and letting it breathe again.

Deb said...

You've been blogging so much lately your week long silence has me a bit worried. Hope everyone is okay. Of course you're probably just trying to get everything moved and set up.