Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, February 9, 2009
Outside My Window...a very dark, darkness due to cloud cover.
I am thinking...why does my second grade daughter have 'jaywalker' as a spelling word? Who really needs to know that word? Surely there are many more important, useful words she should be committing to memory.
I am thankful for...lost items found.
From the kitchen...the master cooked dinner tonight, Mexican casserole. I was teaching online. I've purposely left the light off as I post. That way, I won't be distracted by the mess. *edited* The master says that I made him sound like a messy cook. This was not my intention. Allow me to clarify: I am exceedingly grateful that he cooked dinner. The kitchen is in no way MORE messy than it would be had I prepared the evening meal. This entry is intended as a disconnected stream of conscious. Nothing more. *edit on the edit* "Now you've made me sound like a whiner..." Well, if the shoe fits...
I am wearing...T-shirt and blue jeans
I am creating...quilt tops. I went to an estate sale this weekend and bought one almost finished top and one pre-cut quilt kit. Total money spent $5. That's a steal! And class valentines with the kids.
I am going...to start packing this week...If I pack, we will have a place to move, right?
I am reading...Sounder(kid's bedtime book), Can We Talk?, and Twelve Exceptional Women
I am hoping...to hear something about our possible new dwelling place this week.
I am hearing...The master occasionally clearing his throat in the back bedroom.
One of my favorite things...mornings at home with my two monkeys
Around the house...two words: Bath Night.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Big day for CIA (Wednesday night kids class I teach at church). On Saturday we are making Valentines, eating lunch, and heading out to local nursing homes. That night we have a Valentines banquet.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...She is getting SOOOOO big. Seven months already and as you can see, quite the little ham-bone! She has jumped up to the 15% on weight and height. That's stupendous for a preemie.
To enjoy other Simple Women visit http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: