Friday, February 13, 2009

Secret Admirer

I'm a little concerned. While pilfering my children's Valentine goody bags for chocolate, I came across this unsigned Valentine. I can't post a picture, because it is very clearly addressed to my oldest (but old as in only 10 years), but it is a commercially made valentine in the shape of a dollar bill. In the right hand corner is the silhouette of a man and woman holding hands and gazing at one another. It reads:

Redeemable for unlimited....
HAND-HOLDING
On a long evening walk

Not sure if I should get upset about this, or just be glad it was as tame as hand holding?

2 comments:

Tami said...

Awwwww, man! Do we have to worry about that stuff already?! Alek is getting ready to turn 11 in a few months and I'm dreading this stuff!!!!!

Maggie Vink said...

Hi Jessy,

I got your comment on my blog and thought I would check in with you. Sweet of you to think of me after all this time.

I'm actually not keeping a personal blog at all now. I miss it sometimes, but not often. I write for a living, though, so I'm certainly clacking away on my keyboard a lot.

Slugger and I are doing all right. We hit a rough patch in January which is interesting, because it's the same time we had a rough patch last year. I have a theory of why that is. He seems to be coming out of it now, though. Other than that, we're doing pretty well.

I hope you and your family are all well. Your new home is certainly unique -- I'm sure you'll love all that space.

Take good care.