Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, September 22, 2008
Outside My Window...a small purple newt, and beyond, a quiet street in a peaceful neighborhood.
I am thinking...that it is time to put back up our debt snowball poster and figure out where we go from here.
I am thankful for...I am feeling thankful that our old pediatrician has agreed to add our six kiddos to his practice. Cara has an appointment on Wednesday.
From the kitchen...I am happy to report that I have a freshly mopped floor and an empty sink. A few odds and end groceries on the bar that did not get put away in the pantry. A slowly simmering cr*ck-p*t full of pinto beans and sausage for tomorrow's dinner. Mmmm....
I am wearing...Stylin' in red, blue, and bright yellow PTA shirt from K's kindergarten class and teal work-out shorts. Don't worry, I didn't actually work out....
I am creating...nothing. Contemplating starting costumes for the kids, but six costumes is rather overwhelming me.
I am going...to a local education store tomorrow with Marina. Where she will return the die that she STOLE on Friday. Yep, she is a thief. As far as I know, she has only ever stolen within the family before. I found the die on the floor of the van Sunday morning, which did not put me in the best frame of heart for worship. I don't know what I'm going to do with that child.
I am reading...The Wizard of Oz (bedtime chapter book with the kids) and Dr. Lehman's Birth Order Book. Fascinating, fascinating information--probably will hear some posts about birth order and how it applies to my family and the family I grew up in the near future. And Corinthians.
I am hoping...that Marina has learned her lesson on stealing and will NEVER, EVER, do it again.
I am hearing...golden silence.
One of my favorite things...Can I just say I love the new Pr*pel drinks from Gat*rade? You must try Black Cherry.
Around the house...a general sense of order and cleanliness. I'm feeling a need to get pictures, wall hanging, and drapes up. I'm ready to lose that "just moved" look.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Reform shop-lifting daughter. Get Cara to pediatrician. File COBRA insurance paperwork. Make dinner for new mom at church. Finish unpacking girl's bedroom. Oooh! Oooh! And Saturday we (the whole family) are participating in a 5k/1k run. I'll be walking the "run," but it should be fun. You should have seen the master's face when I told him about our participation, "You signed us up for what?" I'm not known for being an exercise enthusiast. But K and Abby have shown a natural aptitude for track events (both won the overall trophies in their age division at last field day), and I think we should encourage this discipline.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Hard to believe, but she will be three months old tomorrow. A newborn no longer! Her shirt says, "I give wet kisses."
This meme brought to you by: Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Yes, your little girl is growing up. I haven't seen you visit my blog in a while. I hope there are no hard feelings about the disruption coversation.

Tami said...

What a sweetie! I love this meme thing. I'm going to have to go check out the blog.