Monday, September 15, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, September 15, 2008
Outside My Window...piles of debris from hurricane Ike. The abandoned wheel barrow and rakes. An empty hummingbird feeder. The master usually takes care of that and he is gone. I'm going to have some desperate birds around here in the morning.

I am thinking...how strange is the heart's ability to bury something painful so deeply that you are over and over again shaken, no, surprised when you suddenly and unexpectedly remember.

I am thankful for...safety of persons and property during the storm.

From the kitchen...chaos. Utter chaos. I spent all day outside raking and all evening at the grocery store, so this place is a complete wreck. Really, I'd be embarrassed for you to see. For the first time in my life, I have a tile floor (movin' on up....to the sky...), and it is a bear to keep clean. It is light colored and everything shows. Even as I am mopping, I notice that there are little hard specks on the tile that the mop isn't getting. Suggestions? Tips? What works for you?

I am wearing...too tight top and capri pants. Since giving up the daycare, I've rediscovered domesticity, mostly in the form of baked goods and cheesy casseroles. I can't stop!! I must stop!!

I am creating...a blog header in scrapblog. I can't believe it, I am finally going to be able to express myself visually on my blog. Thanks Debbie!

I am going...to prepare for mission's group with the kids tomorrow. Last week was the first week and I had almost twenty kids. I did not have near enough prepared, so I need to get a head start. But that is a good problem to have. A bad problem is that I am the ONLY adult. 1:20 is not good a good ratio, friends.

I am reading...The Wizard of Oz (bedtime chapter book with the kids) and Philippians.

I am hoping...that the storm will not prevent us from selling our house in southeast Texas. I feel selfish and petty for wanting that, when so many have lost so much....but two house payments is going to be tough for us to keep up for very long. (Does this meme have a, "I am worried about..." section?)

I am hearing...the rattle of our antiquated AC unit, but praise the Lord we have it! Occasional soft grumbles from Cara's bassinet in the living room. Time to heat a bottle.

One of my favorite things...the words, "Again, mommy," coming from a completely delighted child who is totally enthralled by some silly thing that you have done.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Clean the INSIDE of the house.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


This picture was taken in June on Galveston beach. Makes me a little sad to think of what that island looks like today.
This meme brought to you by: Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

CDJ said...

Does your mop have a little scrubber on the opposite side? I have to flip it over to the red scrubber and put some "elbow grease" in it, then when I flip back it usually comes away. Other times, you just gotta get that spot really wet, count to ten, and bend down to scratch it off with your fingernail. Warning: Always scratch AWAY from your body. You do NOT want re-hydrated dead cherrios UNDER your nails!

plus on the daybook!