Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pride Goes Before

The older four children were on a trip to a nearby waterpark today. It was their reward for participation in Sunday night children's ministry. I sent them off--declining to serve as chaperon--confident that our children would behave, regardless of our presence (though I did admonish K to stick close to Marina).
I guess you know where this is going, huh?
Who threw a fit when the adult in charge told them to put on a life jacket? Who told the adult that they didn't want to wear a life jacket? (AS IF in their whole entire life they have been allowed the luxury of desires and preferences??!!) Who sobbed and pouted and fussed until we were called? Surely not. Surely not my children.
Ian and Marina
Who dropped what she was doing and made the hour long drive to pick up their sorry--and about to become infinitely more sorry--little tooshies?
Me
Sometimes I need a little hole to crawl into.....and if one of you could be so kind as to throw the dirt in on top of me?

1 comment:

http://exercendoafe.blogspot.com/ said...

hello! jesse that blessed children! God bless!!!