Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cara's Two





Celebrating Cara's two year old birthday today. I took her out this morning and she and I got our hair cut. It was her first cut and turned out absolutely precious. The stylist called it a Dora cut, and I think she does resemble Dora now more than ever. She screamed like a banshee when we first sat down, which I figured she would and was why I put it off as long as I could. But then another stylist fished out a sucker for her and she was fine after that. Now why--after six children and running my own daycare--didn't I think of that?

When we were done at the salon we went on into J.C. P*nney and picked her out a new swim suit for her splash party. She really does not like the water, but we rented a water slide. What else can you do with a late June party in Texas? The nephews and nieces loved it, and finally--after all the party guests departed--she decided to go up with me. And then she did not want to stop.

She was cute opening her presents this year. Saying, "Oooooh," "wow!," "neat" as she unwrapped the presents. She could even label a few of them, "Shoes!" "Duck...Quack" and "phone." She got her first big girl panties and wanted to put them on right after the party. Hopefully, this bodes well for completion of the potty-training process.
I love this little girl so much. Here is to a healthy, happy second year baby girl.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Cara! She does look like Dora, and I love the bathing suit. Isabel isn't overly fond of the water yet either.