Monday, May 24, 2010

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall...

It's been a rough day for my vanity. Tonight, as we were sitting at the ball field, the master asked, "Do you know Cara is spitting ice in your lap?" To which I replied,"Yes." He continued, "Well, aren't you going to stop her? She's making it look like you wet yourself."
"So far today I've been asked, 'Mrs. Jessica, why do you have a mustache?' 'Mrs. Jessica, what is that growing over your eyes?' and just a few minutes ago, that little girl...," pausing to gesture, "wanted to know if I had a baby in my tummy. When I told her 'no' she stared at my stomach and asked, 'Are you sure?' So to answer your question, No. I don't see as how a little--or even a large--pee spot is going to make matters any worse."

3 comments:

Carla said...

Oh man! It DOES sound like it's been a hard day on your vanity! I'm so sorry! (Still didn't keep me from laughing my head off to the point where Connor was asking me, "What's so funny?" & enticing Chad to come read what was so funny too.) Janet Cherry told me one time that Lane asked Nancy if she were a man. Of course Nancy replied in her most child-friendly voice that she was a lady. Then Lane asked, "Well Mrs. Nancy, then why you have a mustache?" Janet said when Nancy told her that, she wanted to die of embarassment. Keep your chin up, sister! I love you!

Christina said...

Ooooh I can soooo relate to this today! Some days are just rough aren't they?

CDJ said...

Girl, you make me laugh! My children like to comment on my "squishy" upper arms. A REAL confidence booster. As unto a teddy bear, I think they think they're being kind: "Mom, your arms are SO soft and squishy."

Barf.

Hang in there & thanks for sharing the giggle:)