Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Decide


1


2


3

Which one for our Christmas Card?


We had an appointment yesterday evening at the local Wallyworld for Christmas pictures. It is the same studio I used this summer for individual photo shoots (I refuse to buy school pictures--it's a racket), and was quite pleased with the portraits especially considering the price. Since I bring along six children worth of business, they have been very solicitous, calling every few weeks to see if they can schedule another appointment. Last week, I relented. They were offering free 10x13 with booking. So, I ran around town all day yesterday, taking in two Goodwills, and J.C. Penn#y just to make sure we could pull off eight coordinating outfits. Then convinced and/or wrangled all six to don said attire amid several protests of "But Mo-om, it isn't even Sundaaaaaaaay." AND made it to the studio at 5:15 on the dot.
We were there, but the photographer was not. We waited 45 minutes, but they never showed. The kids were getting cranky and hungry, and there was no way, I was going to go through the holiday photograph ordeal twice in one season, so we called a church member with an awesome camera and begged her to have mercy. We were getting pictures made one way or another. She took these in her living room. I don't think they turned out half bad. Be sure to vote on the above for the card picture, but I'm including some rejects for fun.

Marina: "Me? Smile? Seriously?"



Randy: "Will it never end??!!"



Cara: "I feel certain they are plotting against me."



K sporting his dazed and confused look

4 comments:

Suz said...

I vote for #1.

Carla said...

Definitely #1. #2 is too dark & #3 does not have you & "the master" in it. How could that even be a choice?

ArtworkByRuth said...

I like 1 and 3. I'm so impressed with your pre-holiday organization! We haven't had a full family photo since the first week O came home eight months ago...think it's time!

CDJ said...

You're captions are hilarious. I was gonna vote #2 (only because the bright green couch throw was distracting to my meloncholy mind AND you and J are more prominant & cheerful looking) but now blogger peer pressure forces me to change my answer to #1. Bottom line: you can't go wrong with resourceful wardrobing and riddiculously handsome children!