Monday, November 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, Monday, November 16, 2009
Outside My Window...brrrr......
I am thinking...I am thinking about the gruesome murder of the 5 year old girl in NC. Wish I could stop thinking about it. Her own mother selling her as a prostitute? I want to vomit. When I hear stories like this, I feel certain we live in the last days.
I am thankful for...new contacts and restored vision. I've been blind since Thursday.
From the kitchen...finally finished off last week's VAT of turkey soup tonight. Tomorrow we have lentil and ham stew. New recipe--I'll keep you posted. We had to spend this week's grocery money on contact lenses, so things could get interesting.
I am wearing...work-out clothes. Went back to aerobics after a two week absence. It felt great to exercise again, but I'll probably be soar tomorrow.
I am creating...finishing up some sewing projects and work continues in the daycare.
I am going...I have no travel plans at present--unless you count L*wes and H*bby L*bby.
I am reading...started new bedtime book with the kids tonight--The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey
I am hoping...the headache I feel beginning behind my eyes will dissipate once I lay down. I wonder if it is related to my new contacts? I hope not.
I am hearing...not a creature stirring, not even a guinea pig.
One of my favorite things...I really dig a well put together classroom. My daycare rooms are starting to look like first-rate learning environments. I love that.
Around the house...I started to type "fairly clean," but as I glance out the office door my conscience pricks me. It was "fairly clean" this morning. In all honesty, it now falls into the "needs improvement" category.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...food and nutrition lady is supposed to come train me tomorrow. Wednesday church.
A picture thought I'm sharing:

She is five years old, too. What have we come to?

More daybooks at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.