Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Betty Crocker on Steroids

I give you the metamorphosis of the blueberry.

The blueberry as God intended it.


Behold the power of migrant--under age--farm labor. Can you believe we got all these blueberries for $25.00? A dollar fifty a pound. I did a little comparison shopping today at W*llMart, and blueberries were on sale for $1.98 a pint (that's two cups), and that was marked down from $3.35. There is nothing I love better than a good deal, except maybe a great deal, and I'm pretty sure this qualifies. (And yes, Carla, if you are reading, that is your son with the bucket on his head.)



Had the brilliant idea to triple the recipe. You see here the result. I haven't made it in a while, and I guess I forgot how much it makes. The original recipe would have been plenty to make two normal size pound cakes. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to triple this recipe, unless of course you have a few extra soup tureens on hand, plenty of time, and don't mind destroying your kitchen in the process.



And finally: the blueberry as the devil intended it. The stuff is positively SINFUL!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Of course he has the bucket on his head! It was the most convenient way to carry it after it was emptied.

Those are some good blueberries. We had a good time with you & your family this weekend. Glad I was able to be a part of it.

Tami said...

Mmmmm...please feel free to box some of that sinful stuff, mark it 'Tami, c/o Emerald City, Sunflower State' and then just drop it off at the post office. I wouldn't want you to end up on God's bad side or anything! :)

Deb said...

Looks delicious. And I can almost smell it too!