Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Post in Which I Do Not Mention The You Know What

Long time, no post. My family is all alive and basically well or returning to health after respiratory nasties. Here is a brief update on us:
The master-Is settling into his role as Mr. Mom. He excels in laundry and clean kitchen counter tops. Other areas have been generally forsaken, but we're surviving, and our socks are downy fresh.
K-Looking forward to a number sense meeting this weekend.
Abby-Says she is "overwhelmed" by Odyssey of the Mind. I still don't quite understand what that is exactly, but it something akin to UIL. Anyway, she's certainly been spending long, extra hours at school preparing for it.
Side note--How did I end up with such brainy kids?
Ian-was in BIG trouble yesterday for being written up on the bus and getting on yellow in class. He is eager for baseball to get underway, but if his behaviour does not drastically improve, he will not be playing this season.
Marina-Is starting to read. It is looking as though she is going to be at least an average student, maybe above average academically. I am both hugely relieved and also anxious over this development. More on this later
Randy-Loves his new child care situation. And can that child talk? My word! I suppose K and Abby possessed similar vast vocabularies at his age, but then I had Ian, the deaf and silent signer, and Marina of delayed language acquisition, so I've forgotten.
Cara-Still not walking. She takes steps on her own, but she has no confidence. Her steps are still the halting, hands raised, "first steps" she was taking two months ago. Neither I nor her therapist knows what to do about her.