Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Simple Woman's Day Book


FOR TODAY...March 23, 2011

Outside my window...some wonderful spring weather.

I am thinking...about the many changes/improvements that need to be made to the center before summer. We hit a new, all-time record of kids in care over spring break--52. We're only licesed for 58.

I am thankful for...healthy children. Randy passed his four year old check-up today (yes, I realize we are running almost a year behind) with flying colors.

I am wearing... scrubs. I'm always wearing scrubs.

I am remembering...spring 1998

I am going...to Houston next week for Cara's appointment, which we may decide to turn into a little mini-vacation--seeing as how the kids were stuck at the daycare for the entire spring break.

I am currently reading...Royal Marriages, and The Gifted Preschool Classroom.

I am hoping...that the master's new boss/best friend sold many, many hearing aids today. Did I tell you that the master is in the hearing aid business now?

On my mind...the season's many activities

Noticing that...my grey hairs are becoming quite numerous

Pondering these words... "When a child disobeys, he is in sin. When parents continually reinforce that disobedience [by failing to correct the child's waywardness], they are in sin." -Gary Ezzo
Ouch.

From the kitchen...not a whole heck of a lot.

Around the house...Girls arguing about bath. Ian measuring a pencil. A couple of doors opening and shutting. One lazy dachshund.

From my picture journal:

Girls with new pet bunny (which they promise, promise, promise to take care of) Oreo.

1 comment:

Carla said...

The spring of 1998 was one of my most favorite seasons w/you. YOU (& Myra) introduced me to Chad, we worked the night shift @ the BW & you sewed some of the prettiest outfits. I hope you're remembering the good times too.