Saturday, December 18, 2010

Update

Talked yesterday with S________ about how birthmother's visit was going. She said it was going good--that they were able to talk through things, and make peace with the past. Then she said, "I've decided that she is my sister. Because Mom is my mom, and nothing is going to change that, and Mom is her mom, too. So that is what she is going to be. My sister."
How wonderful that she came to that conclusion on her own. I see now how wise M____ (adoptive mom) was to allow her freedom to choose what role her birthmother would play.

1 comment:

Deb said...

So glad the reunion went well. It's all so hard but can be wonderful at times.
Beautiful story with Marina talking about her adoption in the first post. I both look forward to and dread those talks. We'll be open with her but it's those questions I don't have the answer to that worry me.