Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Nine


1. What do you see when you are watching the wheels go round?
Does this question have a hidden meaning of which I am not aware? Because I'm not getting it.
2. Do you watch reality shows? Which ones?
I don't have television, but if I did, I would enjoy watching "Baby Story" and "Adoption Story." I'm not even sure TLC still produces those, but I liked them. And the few times I've watched the show with the Duggar's, I liked it. Though it drives me nuts that people are constantly asking me if Iwatch that show when they find out I have six kids. O.K., people, 6 is a few children short of 19. Just so you know. The other thing that rubs me the wrong way on that show is that, she says, during the opening credits, "And, yes, I gave birth to all of them." As though adoption would somehow diminish or illigitimize the marvel of successfully parenting nineteen children???!!!
3. What's your favorite all time reality show?
See question 2.
4. Do you feel "reality" shows are real or are they faked?
Some are definitely faked.
5. What does your personal neon sign say to the world?
There was a neon sign up in the Mexican food restaurant tonight, "Todo por una Bud-Light" Meaning, "Everyone wants one," but literally translates into English as "All for one, Bud Light." Which made me think of the three Musketeer's slogan: "All for one, and one all." I would love for my neon sign to read, "All for One-Jesus Christ." Sad that so often it blinks other, less attractive messages.
6. Ever seen a neon sign with certain letters burned out so that it said something unintended?
Not that I recall.
7. What gives you a headache? Could be a scent, a sound, someone's actions - anything.
Cigarette smoke, lack of sleep, hormonal changes.
8. What song, artist or album in your music collection would you pull out and play if you wanted to give your roommate/neighbors a huge, head-splitting headache?
I bought this CD for Abby on her first birthday. You know, one of those CD's where they sing her name in all the songs? It is extremely annoying, corny, awful. We only play it ONCE a year.
9. What do you do to relieve stress?
I sew or scrapbook. Or blog....

No comments: