Tuesday, November 16, 2010

For the Record

I am not Super Woman. Today, I'm not even Mediocre Woman. I'm tired and whiney and heartsick and small. Today, all the little thanksgiving clips on facebook make me sick. Today, my children are the worst behaved kids I know. My husband is the most unsympathetic. Today, my employees were mouthy. My students were inattentive and loud. Because I was in a hurry, I got caught by every red light and the train. My dachshund won't poop outside. Today the new foster child in my daycare came with no shoes, but plenty of lice, and a raw, painful diaper rash, and I am mad as hell that she has been treated this way and frustrated at how little I can do to help. Today was my payday, but I didn't get paid--again.
And tomorrow I will feel ashamed for my crappy attitude about it all. But not today. Today I am going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your day. Sometimes I feel like the only one who loses her patience....

Carla said...

I'm so sorry you had such a crappy day. I wish I were up there to take you out to lunch or for a pedicure. You're attitude is completely appropriate & you have as much right to air your frustrations as anyone. I love you, friend. I'm praying for you today.

Deb said...

Hope your days have gotten better.

Does the foster child have a Casa? So sorry for her.