Friday, December 4, 2009

Please Tell Me...


Please tell me this looks like a juke box. Lie if you have to. I have fifty+ people--half of whom I do not know--coming to my house tomorrow for a "Fabulous Fifties" party for my mother-in-law, and this is supposed to be her cake. As cake decorating goes, it is not one of my finer achievements, and the longer I look at it, the more convinced I become that it doesn't remotely resemble a juke box. Randy is no help. He keeps prancing around it, crying, "It's a juice box, Mommy, a juice box cake for Grandma! It is a BIG juice box!"

I added the music notes to hopefully tip folks off. I can just hear myself tomorrow night:


"Actually, it's a juke box."

"Umm..no...it's a juke box."

"Well, it is supposed to be a juke box. You know, from the fifties?"

3 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

It totally looks like a juice box - I mean juke box : -) Seriously,Way to go! I think its great that you decorate and do fun stuff like this. Your MIL will love it!

Deb said...

I would have known it was a juke box without you telling me. You did a great job.

CDJ said...

I couldn't lie. You know that. But I don't have to! It looks super!