Friday, October 16, 2009

What A Day!

Thomas the T*nk Engine came to a railway near us, and we hopped aboard. Considering we once drove all the way to Colorado for a similar event, I was thrilled to make this super-fun family outing as a day trip. On the way back, we stopped at a pumpkin patch. I'm pooped, but wanted to show off some my best pictures!
Randy would not cooperate for pictures but wanted instead to stand in front of Thomas and look and look. He kept saying, "That's my friend, Thomas. I ride in the freight cars?" I kept telling him that, yes, we would ride Thomas, but we would ride in 'coaches' not 'freight cars', but no need to confuse him with the facts.
I did a double take when I saw this little girl running around the state park. She is Cara's twin for sure! They looked so much alike, I had to ask the mother how old she was. I know Cara has a biological half-sister who is only a year older than her, and boy was I curious when I saw this cutie run up to a very Caucasian looking mommy. Just in the nick of time I thought to ask, "How old is she?" instead of blurting out, "Is she adopted?" Turns out this little girl is only six months older than Cara, and when we met her daddy, he was an Asian man with darker than usual skin tone. Both of us snapped pictures of our look-alikes, and the funny thing was, I know the man was looking at John and me and the other, Arian N*tion kiddos and thinking, "Where did she come from?" But he was polite enough not to ask. Kudos to him! Isn't that hairstyle darling? I'm strongly considering having Cara's hair cut in a chili bowl now that I've seen how cute she will look in it!

3 comments:

CDJ said...

Super photos! There is nothing better than a toddler standing against a bright orange pumpkin. I'm so happy you guys had fun.

ArtworkByRuth said...

I love the pumpkin photo! So glad you met another family that was PC...probably because they have had similar comments directed to them!

Suz said...

What a great day! How neat about Cara's twin - Cara has grown!! And yes, the first thing I thought upon seeing the twin is, "CUTE hair!"