Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, Monday, March 30, 2009

Outside My Window...I have very few windows in my new home...rather like a compound. Hold on while I check...Pretty dusk and a slight breeze.

I am thinking...Honestly, I've been feeling overwhelmed by our spring schedule, and I'm trying to think as little as possible. You know, it is better if I function only on auto-pilot. What with birthdays, ballgames, end-of-year programs, massive painting/maintenance projects, etc. it is a bit much to take in and process.

I am thankful for...O.K., so I went to a Women of Faith conference this weekend, and I came away PROFOUNDLY thankful (once again) for a loving, healthy childhood within my nuclear, middle class, family--free of abuse, disorders, addictions and full of affection, acceptance, parental involvement and Biblical discipline. Apparently, and sadly, I am a gross and ever dwindling minority. Don't get me wrong, my maiden name wasn't Beaver, but neither was it Manson. Usually, I get so much out of this conference, but this time, I couldn't relate to anything the speakers touched on. I'm very glad to be excluded, but burdened for my sisters who have such obstacles to overcome and wounds to heal from.

From the kitchen...Not much. Left-over sandwiches from last night's fellowship and cheese puffs graced the table for dinner. It's clean, though. I made the kids eat their highly nutritious meal on paper towels.

I am wearing...T-shirt and jogging pants. Classy.

I am creating...This week? Two Barbie doll cakes for Marina's B-day party.

I am going...to a job fair on Thursday, and to take an Exit exam on Saturday (before the party) to add to my teacher certification.

I am reading...Miracle on Maple Hill (kid's bedtime book), The Maker's Diet and Twelve Exceptional Women, Exit study guide

I am hoping...for Cara to cut her first tooth sometime this week. I can see it, RIGHT THERE, below the gums, but it will not break through.

I am hearing...The occasion BLEEP from a dying smoke detector punctuates the silence. The house emptied out during my teaching session for a T-ball game, but any minute now, the volume will be coming back up.

One of my favorite things...er...people...Steven Curtis Ch*pman. He gave a concert Friday night at WOF, so it was worth the trip ;0)

Around the house...continuing to make a homey nest.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Ballgames every night but Wednesday, Wednesday church, Thursday job fair, Saturday party, Sunday rest.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...don't guess I'll be sharing one of these any time soon. With this wireless card, I only have access on our new, photo-less computer. I have no idea where the software for my camera is. I guess I could just stick my card in the port and see what happens?

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook. I read a little (hope you don't mind) and saw that you adopted two of your children. From "Eight Hearts," I'm guessing that you have six children all together? What a neat family!

Hope you have a great week!

Cheers from Nebraska! :)