Sunday, July 18, 2010

Saturday Nine



1. When was the last time you were told to go your own way?

Don't know that I've ever been encouraged to go my own way. I've gone my own way too many times, and the end thereof is pain and destruction.

2. What one experience has strengthened your character the most so far?

O.K., aside from meeting and falling in love with Jesus, I don't think I could pick just one. Here are just a few life experiences that come quickly to mind: as a child watching my grandmother decline with Alzheimer's and my mother take care of her, participating in missions as a teenager--culminating in a summer spent in California, having secret sin publicly exposed and being restored, becoming a mother, adopting my daughters, losing our house in a hurricane, my husband losing his leg...

3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Read

4. How long can you go without your cell phone?

Forever

5. Do you wish you were somewhere else right now?

No. We had a nice little mini-trip to Dallas this weekend for a pastor/pastor's wives retreat, and I'm enjoying being home.

6. Of all the people you've ever known, who have you most feared?

My mother. She's going to be really ticked when she reads that, but it's true. Perhaps 'fear' isn't the correct term....'healthy respect'?...Nah, going to have to keep 'fear.' Sorry, Mom.

7. Do people tell you that you look your age?

Wouldn't that be a horrible thing to tell someone? "Girl, you are looking your age--and then some."
When people find out that I have so many children, they will often say, "You don't look old enough to have that many kids!" I used to find that pretty irritating, but the older I get, the more complimentary it seems.

8. Your ex shows up randomly at your house, what do you say?

Don't have one.

9. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?

I don't believe we deserve a first chance, but praise God, He doesn't give us what we deserve.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

great post! We missed seeing you at the PRODUCTION:) glad you were able to get away together.