Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

After a three year break, I returned to the public school classroom today. I have to admit, it was good to be back. I'm sure there will be days when I want to pull my hair out, but not today. It was a successful day, and overall, a well behaved class. The regular teacher left me pretty thorough plans, and that always helps. Don't know why after a year of having my application turned in they suddenly started to call me to substitute. It could be that a friend put in a good word for me. Or my going back around last week to show my face in all the offices. Maybe they got really desperate. My dad says it was because he prayed (I'm leaning toward that as the most probable reason). Whatever the reason, I'm thankful. My bringing in some income will certainly help the financial crunch we are in.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I'm glad it went well and that you've got your foot in the door.

ok, I was going to ask you something else and it just flew out of my brain. hopefully I'll think of it later!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Congrats-I am sure it was the prayer, God will use anything to get his purposes accomplished-including allowing others to get the flu...I'll try to remember to be grateful the next time I am sick that God is providing for someone through my illness (most likely the doctor's office and pharmacy!)